FS: 1984 M1009 CUCV

From: Clarke Ferber (hk91@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Fri Sep 15 2000 - 07:54:33 PDT

Details:

I've got a 1984 ex-military CUCV for sale. This is the Military's Command
Utility Cargo Vehicle. It is based on the full size Blazer chassis with
heavy duty components. It's considered a 3/4 ton truck and was built in 1984.

The first picture shows the roof rack mounted, w/spare, and the antenna's
on the truck. The other pictures listed below were taken two months ago,
and don't show the roof rack/antennas mounted. It, of course, has the
military blackout lights and convoy lights, slave start receptacle and
front class IV hitch.

Less than 51000 miles on it
6.2 NA Diesel motor w/ HD intake (J Vin)
15-18 MPG around town, 13-15 MPG Highway
Motor runs great and has always started right up.
CARC Olive Drab w/Camo paint job (touch-up paint included)
3.73 gears with Posi-track in the rear (gov lock?)
Converted to 12V but all 24V parts still available except starter
In-dash after-market A/C (brand new! - looks factory!)
New window tint job
Rhino-Lined full interior (wash out with hose)
New U-joints through-out drive line
All new fluids
New brakes (new calipers/piston/pads up front, new drums/pads rear)
New HD starter
Dual batteries
New steering box
New tires (5 33x12.5x15 Bridgestone A/T's) 4000 miles ago (7/8 tread remaining)
Two CB antenna's (not currently mounted)
48" Hi-lift Jack and roof-rack mount
Axe, Shovel and roof-rack mount
No rust, great body, some scratches (AZ Pinstriping)
5'x5'x4" roof rack w/ spare tire mount (see picture)
Swing out tire/fuel can carrier
Military Repair/Tech manuals on CD-ROM and Chiltons.
Passed smog last fall easily
Front Class IV Hitch (fit's multi-mount winch)

Net, net, I've got over $7000 into the truck since buying it last year.
I've got the receipts to prove it. It's a great truck which I need to move.

More new and replaced stuff not listed. About the only thing that I haven't
done is replace all the front-end bushings with new ones and kill a small
drip from the tranny (very small - spots on garage floor - not puddles).

It's an awesome truck and will go just about anywhere I've been willing to
take it. I'm selling to buy a more current truck - now that I've put so
much money into upgrading this one. If you have been looking for a
full-size where most of the work has been done already, here's your truck. :-)

$7000 or best offer. I've put over $7000 into it since buying it last year
so there is very little that needs to be done. Trades for Non-NFA and NFA
items seriously considered. Multi-mount winch not included (already sold)

You could drive this truck cross-country today - it's that reliable. I did
1/2 the country when I bought it. Arrangements can be made for shipping the
truck to you. The truck is located in Phoenix, AZ.

-Clarke

Pictures at:

http://home.att.net/~hk91/cucv.jpg
http://home.att.net/~hk91/P0000715.jpg
http://home.att.net/~hk91/P0000716.jpg
http://home.att.net/~hk91/P0000717.jpg
http://home.att.net/~hk91/P0000718.jpg
http://home.att.net/~hk91/P0000719.jpg
http://home.att.net/~hk91/P0000720.jpg
http://home.att.net/~hk91/P0000721.jpg
http://home.att.net/~hk91/P0000722.jpg

I've got plenty of hi-resolution pictures (over 60) available. Simply let
me know and I'll flood your in-box with lots of detailed pictures of all
over the truck.

Tacitus, 56-120 A.D.: "The more corrupt the state, the more
numerous the laws." and "[The] more corrupt the government, the
greater the number of laws."
PGP Key available: send mail with the subject: pgp-key-request