Re: [MV] HMV at Walnut Ridge AR Airshow...

From: Geoff Winnington-Ball (gwball@sympatico.ca)
Date: Fri Sep 15 2000 - 18:04:03 PDT

Brandon Kunicki wrote:

> Indeed an amazing engine! Unfortunately so complicated
> (and parts so hard to come by) that they are nearly
> impossible to overhaul (at least in the US). Many Sea
> Furies in the US have been converted to the
> Curtiss-Wright R-3350 engine with a 4-bladed propellor
> (original Sea Fury has a 5-bladed propellor).

Jeez, and we think of HMVs as being expensive and a challenge to work on! The
expression 'engine change' takes on a whole new meaning...

Regards,

Geoff Winnington-Ball
MAPLE LEAF UP! ==>
Zephyr, Ontario, Canada
Maple Leaf Up - The Canadian Army Overseas in WW2
http://www.mapleleafup.org
1st Canadian Armoured Carrier Regiment
http://www.1cacr.org