Re: [MV] TEST TRANSMISSION

From: William R. Benson (Benson@eqe.com)
Date: Tue Sep 19 2000 - 07:16:06 PDT

"1...2...3...
How do you hear me?"

"Fe, fi, fo, fum...
Loud and clear with a little hum..."

(Overheard on the Battalion push during a nasty force on force leap EX in MCB
Camp Lejeune, NC. I was on radio watch in my M151A2 (required mil-veh ref.), it
was zero-dark thirty, and all of the jokers came out to play on the net while
the "Old Man" was asleep.

Next voice heard was a low growl: "You jackasses better knock it off, or I
secure everybody's liberty when this thing is over... Dragon Six Actual, out..."

(Dragon Six was the BN CO... "Actual" meant it wasn't just his radioman
talking...)

Have a great day!

Bill Benson