Beer or armour ... what a choice!

From: LEEnCALIF@aol.com
Date: Tue Sep 19 2000 - 17:41:00 PDT

I just sent off $50 to Earl Tucker for his lawsuit against the US Government.

This law suit is being filed by Earl over the stopping our US importation of
certain mil-vehs and parts. Maybe it's a bit late, maybe it's too little,
but I feel like I am doing the right thing now in supporting Earl.

A lot of you might think there are better ways to go about this and you may
be right. I just think this is one of those things that deserves as much
thrown at it as we can, be it e-mail, snail mail, lobbying congressmen, law
suits, MVPA diplomacy ... whatever it takes.

It was a rotten thing that was done to our hobby when they stopped the form 6
imports to the USA and worse yet, I believe it was done in a wholly
undemocratic process. That's not the way we're suppose to do business here!
We're suppose to discuss and give it a fair hearing in the light of public
scruitiny. Sure didn't go down that way, did it?

That last part should alarm those of us who still worry about such things. I
say all this at the risk of being labled a paranoid with a phobia over big
government. You might be right on that one too, because I am getting a
little nervous. However, to me, its yet another example of incrementalism
... where an all knowning, all caring, government gradually takes away your
little freedoms under the guise of security......to protect you from
yourself. All the while, the majority of us remain blissfully apathetic or
oblivious to the end.

So there goes my $50 bucks and a whole months allotment of beer money... but,
what the heck, I am glad I did it. And who knows, maybe if enough of us do
the same it might make a difference. Course thats up to you.

Keep em rollin......

Jack (no beer) Lee

FYI:

Earl Tucker