Re: [MV] TEST TRANSMISSION - The dreaded "Test" virus.

From: COLIN STEVENS (colin@pacdat.net)
Date: Mon Sep 18 2000 - 20:04:38 PDT

----- Original Message -----
From: ...
Sent: Saturday, September 16, 2000 6:46 PM
Subject: [MV] TEST TRANSMISSION

> Testing - Testing, 1, 2, 3, 4.

No urban myth here folks - we have concrete evidence - the MV list has a
case of the dreaded "TEST" virus.

This virus was common in high school Public Announcement systems in the old
days.
"Test, Test. Hello-o-o-o-. Can anyone hear me? This $@#!#%@ thing isn't
working!"

This PA Test Virus has now morphed into a computer virus. It is believed to
have made the transition in a test lab in Africa where they were
experimenting with Chimpanzees. There is no known cure.

All we can do is advise people who think they have it, is to NOT tell
anyone! If you have to say something, ask an MV question or make a statement
about MVs.

Required MV content og this message:

Did you know that "Over 80% of all transport vehicles, used by British and
Commonwealth forces in North Africa, were of Canadian origin. (ref. page
148, Blueprint for Victory by Dr. Bill Gregg). Referring to the 1941-1943
fighting.

Colin Macgregor Stevens
MVPA Member 954 (since 1977)
Editor MAPLE LEAF UP (Est. 1977) newsletter
of Western Command Military Vehicle Historical Society
Pitt Meadows, British Columbia, Canada
E-mail: colin@pacdat.net
Personal web site: http://bcoy1cpb.pacdat.net
1944 Willys MB