Re: [MV] Re(2): [MV] [Fwd: [MV] California Legislation]

From: Andreas Mehlhorn (a.mehlhorn@t-online.de)
Date: Wed Sep 20 2000 - 02:06:43 PDT

Jim Webster schrieb:
> "Gordon.W.I. McMillan" wrote:

> I recall us getting two speeding tickets on the M4 while a
> commander of a Fox armoured car. Worst thing was being charged
> for 'being in command of a vehicle breaking civilian speed
> restrictions' first time was £5 then second time s $50 and a
> warning not to be caught again. Unfortunately I was....

Who gets the "ticket" in civilian life? I think only the driver,
because the normal civilian highway codes don't mention a
"commander" of a vehicle. Liable is the driver alone.

The only exception (here in Germany): If you are learning driving
a car and you make your traning drives with a driving instructor.
(Driving teacher?) In this case the instructor is "in command"
and in full liability, he gets the "tickets" and the "points" and
can loose his driving license.

Best regards
Andreas

-Kettenkrad Commander (and driver and mechanic and payer...)-