Engine swap in M135

From: marc (veinotte@home.com)
Date: Wed Sep 20 2000 - 21:57:04 PDT

Anyone know if there is any other motor that bolts up( or bolts up
without way to many super expensive modifications to list) to the dual
range hydramatic trans in my newly acquired
1953 GMC 6x6? The engine is in sorry shape and the trans seems to work
fine. Also more power and a few more miles to the gallon could never
hurt the ol' girl. Or should I just swap them both out in favor of
something else( would like to keep an auto of some kind). Any info would
be great
Marc Veinotte
veinotte@home.com