ANY MORE JEEP INFO; '42 to '43 from ROB P. also, thanks to DAVE in Pa

From: Rob Pearson (aussierob@odyssey.net)
Date: Sun Sep 24 2000 - 07:54:56 PDT

Thanks, big thanks to;
TED HINTOPOULOS for your Guidance/help
also,
thanks to TIMOTHY SMITH for your help / guidance
Also,
thanks to GAVIN BROAD regarding "birds"
and finally,
Big thanks to DAVE in Pa ...some great info from David.

Next is a repeat of the info I posted yesterday (Saturday 23rd.)
I would appreciated any other "info from OTHERS" ...with far more knowledge
than I have yet to learn re these 'lil mutts.... MB 's or CJ's

Ok, I now have a total of 4 jeeps... all are Willys

Firstly, regarding jeeps # 3 & # 4 (my numbering system)
The previous owner said he thought they were a '42 & '43
Both are in bad shape with lots of rust.
However, they're complete with bows and door frames.
No canvas though!

Both are still on the tires but in heavy brush/growth. Engines still turn
over by hand...!
We'll eventually be able to send of photo or two! by eamil if anyone is
interested???

I've been a jeeplover since I was a kid, and this year purchased a well
used, tired, but running '42 MB (jeep #1) which is now on the road...

Also, jeep #2 is (I'm told) a '46 CJ with the rear tailgate. So far, only
the engine is rebuilt in it.
This '46 has a one piece front windscreen with rounded corners... I'm
confused,

Question 1
is it really a '46 or later....
Would that date seem correct for a CJ or would single pane winshields have
come out later than '46??? (data plates are missing)
What else, should I look for???

Question 2
Both of my latest purchases are also CJ's (jeeps #3 & #4)
Both have the... "two piece split" windscreen/windshield, with hand crank
wiper blades?
Therfore, they must be earlier models than the - jeep #2, CJ '46 -
description - above!
Info needed, on what to look for!!!

Question 3
Did Willys make these CJ's (jeep #3 & #4) during the war as they appear to
be totally original.. and they look like my '42MB except the large
headlights and tailgate?
The previous owner said he thought they were '42 & '43 However, he is quite

old and farting ! (phew)

Finally, all 4 jeeps are flatheads and the 3 CJ's have the larger
headlights/rims
Any info? ...then "post" or e'me aussierob@odyssey.net

(below is the original open to my first posting)
It was 5am Sat morning when I wrote this and first tried to POST!
I've got a bird on my shoulder and a snoozy cat at my feet, a nice cup of
English breakfast tea with toast 'n marmalade...
and a few questions re two jeeps I just bought for $100 the pair. I've never
had such great luck... ever!!!
(by the way... I've also got a lovely warm body in my bed at this hour,
however, she preffers to sleep, in on this rainy Saturday. I tried to
"rouse" her earlier,
she told me to go play with my the jeeps or she'd kick me in the "O" ring.
Now
let me tell you, when she's half asleep like that, she posses and absolutely
terrible, terrible, aim ! There's no telling where that kick might land! )

After this dribble, I need more tea 'n toast... the bird has dumped on my
shoulder and the cat has decided he doesn't eat toast, so I gave him the
boot? out into the rain to find a soggy mouse!

Thanks,
Rob P. (moved here from Sydney, Australia in 1977)
Now living in, Little York, NY (Upstate, NY area)