Re: [MV] GMA Cover Corp.

From: George Carey (gecarey@home.com)
Date: Tue Sep 26 2000 - 01:48:52 PDT

Mike,
I did a piece of business with them late last year when I bought a full
top.....minus the doors(for their liability reasons) for my Hmmwv.
I found them to be somewhat unfamiliar w/ their own products, I should the sales
people that is. It is obvious to me that the direct sales thing was very new to
them, but it seemed that they were aware of the new market for the "Auction
Hmmwvs". As a matter of fact, the first time I called them, and inquired about
the top for my specific vehicle, their response was... is this for a auction
hmmwv ?????
The company seems to be set up for Military purchase/supply only. The sheer size
and spec of the shipping boxes was enough to make anyone poor just for the
shipping, when it all could be shipped on one decent size box.
Anyway.... the product is the identical stuff we see on our DOD owned Green
vehicles cruising around, and appears to be a good product. I did have to bring
to their attn. some minor problems, which were addressed by one of their
engineers(who knew exactly what was going on). The problem was w/ my C pillar,
and their molded grommets not lining up properly. The engineer agreed that they
might need to look at some of their molds for runout issues. When he referred me
back to the sales dept. they informed me that I had altered the vehicle by
installing the c pillar vs. the 2dr pick up config I had purchased it as. I sent
the sales manager a reply basically explaining the modular nature of the Hmmwv,
to which they responded... we stand by our decision regarding your modifications.
I rest my case about the sales people..... if you do order from them.. if they
are still doing direct sales..... MAKE SURE YOU RESEARCH THEIR WEBSITE CATALOG
!!! Be sure you are ordering the correct part. You don't want them to tell you
that you have done unauthorized mods either. Good luck.. G