Re: [MV] Floyd Spence

From: Muttguru@aol.com
Date: Tue Sep 26 2000 - 08:46:13 PDT

Robert_Kelly@FCEINC.COM writes:

<< there was
 an article about Floyd Spence, the fellow that I was under the impression
 was only involved in name with HR 4202. In this article, the guy is sounding
 off like he has been working on this thing for months and months and has
 practically written it himself.
 I thought this was interesting because many of the posts on the list
 indicated that the bill was only to be named after the guy, he was retiring,
 blah, blah, blah. >>

Dear Listers.........Don't let anyone kid you that Floyd Spence is just a
well-meaning ol' buffer.
He was, in fact, Chairman of the House National Security Committee not too
long ago (1996), so I think he wasn't (as people said) just adding his name
to this Bill. Why do you suppose I suggested that Spence be located and
challenged face-to-face? He knew full-well what it was about, and the
implications of it becoming law.

kind regards...
Ken