Re: [MV] Fix for cracked block on 6.2l diesel

From: DaveCole (davidcole@tk7.net)
Date: Tue Sep 26 2000 - 08:54:26 PDT

A common fix for tractor engine blocks is to simply put an epoxy patch on the
side of the engine. Just grind away the dirt and casting flash , and apply a
layer of Epoxy. You can get the putty consistency epoxy from a number of
places including Grainger. It works quite well. I have used this putty
epoxy to patch oil pans and cracks on tractor engine blocks.

Before you patch the block, you may want to add some Bars Leak stopper first
just to plug it up, so you can do an effective patch.

Good Luck,

Dave