Injection pumps

From: Rick Welker (rickw_17030@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Sep 26 2000 - 09:12:17 PDT

I have been given what appears to be a new LDS-465-1A
injection pump. Here's the question: While my pump on
my M35A2 (LDT-465-1C) seems to working fine(my last
problem was blocked filters), would this pump work on
my engine if I ever need it? I realize the fuel
delivery rate is probably higher and the idle speed
different, but as long as I would keep the pyrometer
within normal limits would it work? I also understand
that the LDT engines did not have oil cooled pistons
like the LDS series. I have also heard that the
rebuilt LDT's did have them as an upgrade. (as mine
is). Anyone know for sure?