Re: [MV] Servicing Oil Bath Air Filter on Weasel

From: Edward Greeley (etgreeley@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Wed Sep 27 2000 - 22:28:22 PDT

Dunno about disassembly of the Weasel's oil bath air cleaner, but I
**STRONGLY** suggest use of "paint thinner"/mineral spirits/Stoddard
solvent (all essentially the same product) rather than gasoline for such
cleaning. It's MUCH safer because its flash point is much higher than
gasoline so you're a lot less likely to blow/burn yourself up, and it
also does not have the rather hazardous (to the skin and/or internal
organs) chemical additives that gasoline contains in many parts of the
country. Aside from all that, with the price of gasoline being what it
is now, it's not much more expensive; I bought a five gallon can of
"paint thinner" from Lowe's (like Home Depot, etc) a couple of weeks ago
for 10 bucks and change.

Happy cleaning, and "Think Safety!"

Ed Greeley