Night Vision Goggles Update

From: RoughDoc@aol.com
Date: Fri Sep 29 2000 - 20:02:43 PDT

I received this update from ITT today on the availability, purchase, and
export of NVG devices.

If the items are to be exported out side the U.S. then the end country would
determine what system you could export. This would require a U.S. State
Department Export License.

Gen II type systems are just about exportable to most international
countries. Gen.III is restricted somewhat. It is OK for NATO countries with
some rules applied to the export license.

New Zealand is able to receive Gen. III Image intensifier tubes as well as
systems with this tube.

We have representatives in the area of New Zealand.

Gen. II is lower spec type tubes and were improvements over the original
first Gen. image tubes and then came Gen. III higher spec. over Gen. II Gen.
III is the highest spec tube we allowed to export as of today and again it is
restricted in some places.

There is A GEN. IV but is for U.S. Government only at this time and not
exportable.

Doc