6th ACR

From: steve shaw (gyrene37@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Sep 30 2000 - 17:39:24 PDT

As previously reported, my buddy and I are restoring a '51 M37, formerly a
volunteer FD truck from Texas. Under the faded red paint, we found on the
lower left corner of the driver's door a rampant, rearing stallion in yellow
with flowing mane and tail. In a book of US Army patches, I found a similar
horse on a patch and the ID was "6th ACR" Being a former Marine, and not
familiar with Army nomenclature, I am asking for help in ID'ing this
vehicle. I assume ACR refers to Armoured Cavalry Regiment. I'd appreciate
any info on the 6th, where it might have been based in the early or middle
'50's when this vehicle would have been in use by them and any other info on
this unit on line or otherwise.
Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Also am interested in contacting Mighty-mite owners for assistance in
markings, some technical questions, possible purchase of needed parts and
other "new guy" questions.

Steve Shaw
'51 Dodge M-37 s/n 80011547
'62 Mighty-Mite s/n M422A12950