British cherished plates.

From: Gavin Broad (invest@portsmouth-mann.com)
Date: Sat Sep 30 2000 - 15:18:17 PDT

Hi List,

Richard is spot on as usual and you can also enquire about any number that
takes your fancy by going to the DVLA website and contacting Mrs. L.
Robbins at: drivers.dvla@gtnet.gov.uk

I enquired about "M151 Mut" in it's various forms and was disappointed to
hear that it was dealer-issued on an unspecified new car several years
ago. Whilst I was there, I was also disappointed to find out that expats
cannot get replacement licences, as one has to be "resident" in the UK but
was subsequently very pleased to discover that my Thai driving license
(written in Thai script, no english, with piccy) is perfectly legal in the
UK for up to 12 months. Copper's Nightmare: Pulls over some green/cammo
wagon with plates that say "military police", driven by some fat bloke with
a Thai driving license and a letter from the DVLA to say it's kosher. :-)

Cheers
Gavin