Re: [MV] Morris Minor

From: Richard Notton (Richard@fv623.demon.co.uk)
Date: Mon Oct 02 2000 - 00:10:12 PDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Demonware Restorations" <INDYN@xtra.co.nz>
Sent: Monday, October 02, 2000 4:22 AM
Subject: [MV] Morris Minor

> List,
>
> I am researching a topic that our British members may be able to help me
> with. I have been offered the job of turning a civillian Morris Minor into
> Military GP or Staff car.
> I know that the Royal New Zealand Airforce used to use Morris Minor Vans
for
> their Police Dog Units many years ago, and was wondering if the British
> Forces used Morries as well.

The British Army and RAF used the Minor 1000 "Traveller", the estate
(Station Wagon) version as a light utility from about 1966 when it replaced
the Hillman Husky III. The Minor was itself replaced by the Ford Escort
1100 in 1971.

This version of the Minor has appliqué wood on the outside which I cannot
remember if its in any way structural or not, the vehicle would be as
standard domestic build except for painting in gloss DBG inside and out.

I have a small B&W picture if you require.

Richard
Southampton - England