RE: [MV] M52 five ton ALWAYS ON problem fixed. And EMP.

From: Rikk Rogers (rkltd@fullnet.net)
Date: Mon Oct 02 2000 - 06:37:18 PDT

I think, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, that EMP is a fairly localized
phenomena, as I remember It may well be "Line of sight".
With an Air burst and a 1k/ft radio tower this is a long way off, but at
ground level fallout will probably get you.
The need to make vehicles "hard" would apply in a tactical nuke situation.

Also, to protect electronics i was told years ago to encase them in a can or
grid, insluted from the circuts and ground the encasement if possable.
Theory is it carries the "pulse" past like a car does lightning.