Re:[MV] Driving Skills (was Morris Minor)

From: Geoff Winnington-Ball (gwball@sympatico.ca)
Date: Mon Oct 02 2000 - 13:26:53 PDT

LMAO!!

I got my first driver's license on a 1957 Morris Minor, and the back seat is/was
truly familiar to me ... er ... so I sort of know what you mean... :-)

<Mandatory MV Content>
Does anyone have any firm figures on the proportion of licensed drivers who went
into the western armies in WW2, vs that of those who had never previously
driven? I'm constantly uncovering comments regarding an innate lack of skills in
this general area at that time, which strikes me as strange considering it's
taken for granted now.

Regards,

Geoff Winnington-Ball
MAPLE LEAF UP! ==>
Zephyr, Ontario, Canada
Maple Leaf Up - The Canadian Army Overseas in WW2
http://www.mapleleafup.org
1st Canadian Armoured Carrier Regiment
http://www.1cacr.org