Re: [MV] HYX-57/TSEC Help identify?

From: Henrik Teller (Henrik_Teller@vip.cybercity.dk)
Date: Mon Oct 02 2000 - 00:43:11 PDT

From: "John Doherty" <mofta@farmerstel.com>
Subject: [MV] HYX-57/TSEC Help identify?
Date sent: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 18:07:40 -0500

Hi John.

> Located within a parts box, one HXY-57/TSEC unit.

> Can anyone that is radio equipment knowledgeable help identify this?
> Is it something that I should hang on to for that future radio project
> in the making?

If memory serves me right a equipment called "KY-57 Vinson" was
used to scramble voice on VHF-radios.

Could the HYX-57 be some kind of accessory to the KY-57 ?

Perhaps a "fill-gun" to load the key into the KY-57 ?

Are you able to produce a picture ? It would help the identifying
process a lot.

Hope this helps.

Have a nice day :-)

Henrik Teller