RE: M151A1 and M151A1C in "The Green Berets"

From: Muttguru@aol.com
Date: Wed Oct 04 2000 - 08:10:51 PDT

Dear listers.........

just watched the video again (now out on DVD, I believe). There are two very
nice semi-gloss Mutts featured in the film, M151A1 reg'n 2K 2741 as well as a
brief shot of recoilless-rifle carrier 2G 0547. I noticed on the dash-shot of
2K 2741 that someone had stencilled a "MAX SPEED.... PAVED/UNPAVED" logo,
which I have only seen once before.
On Monday, I returned from the local pub to find that I had just missed most
of the Bill Paxton film "A Bright Shining Lie", about Col. John? Vann. Looked
like I missed a couple of Mutts and an M38A1 (or was it a CJ-5)? Several
pints of Greene King Abbott ale made it difficult to determine which was
which. Hope it is repeated.

Ken