Re: [MV] Ref: Humvee

From: Mel Miller (nourmahal@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Wed Oct 04 2000 - 10:02:48 PDT

The problem with most battery disconnecting systems that I have seen are
that they require unscrwing or unclamping large cables in the engine
compartment or other dirty/inconvenient location.

Looking through an electronics catalogue the other day I ran across a
500Amp disconnect switch with a removable actuator "key" which was
listed as a heavy duty ignition cutoff switch. By the looks of it, the
switch could be mounted out of sight and wired into the system in a way
that would not be obvious when the hood is open. The item is Stock
#8373-SW, Ignition Switch, $12.95 on page #52 of the Marlin P. Jones &
Asso. Inc. Catalogue #00-09. 800-652-6733.

I do not have any connection to the company and have never ordered
anything from them but this stuff looks pretty basic.

Regards,
Mel Miller
2 X M725