Re: [MV] From the stores.......

From: Brian Leffler (leffield@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Oct 05 2000 - 22:39:02 PDT

Gavin and Listers:

Beware there are those few wary apprentice/E-2 types
out there that are not so corruptable. We had a new
guy on ship who when sent to the engine room for a
bucket of steam, returned a bit late with a bucket of
hot water and complaints of how long the walk was. It
takes all types.

On a more relevant note, anyone have a spare water
pump for a 302 cid GMC as put in M211/M135 and other
G749 series trucks? Mine decided to lunch a bearing
while road testing recent brake work.

Thanks,
Brian

--- Gavin Broad <invest@portsmouth-mann.com> wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> Inevitably, new apprentices are the subject and butt
> of many jokes and my
> apprenticeship at Portsmouth Royal Dockyard was no
> exception....... being
> sent to the stores for a "Long Weight" upon which
> the storeman disappears
> for a cup of tea and returns 15 minutes later to ask
> you if that was long
> enough.....
>
> Tins of elbow grease..........packets of sky
> hooks.........tins of large
> and small circles.......left-handed
> screwdrivers.......spurlash......torpedo tube
> reamers....all invaluable
> equipment for maintaining HMVs
> :-)
> Gavin