Re: [MV] M151 A1-E1 (M151 A2) wings.

From: jim gilmore (jgilmore@oeonline.com)
Date: Fri Oct 06 2000 - 06:12:10 PDT

Gavin wrote:

>Does anyone know if the Ford M151 A2s ever had the same shape front wing as
>the AMG type. I am referring to the higher "cut-away" between the
>headlight and the front composite. The early fords seem to have had no cut
>away but I have now seen a couple of ads for "Ford" A2s but the vehicle had
>the AMG-style wings.

       Having owned many British vehicles (MV and non-MV) I know the
meaning of "wing", "boot", "bonnet" and other Brit. terms for fender,
trunk, hood etc. but I think many US members may be wondering what Gavin is
asking here. He is referring to the "dip" in the front fender of the
M-151-A2 right under the composite light. This "dip" appears in both the
Ford and the AMG bodies. Some of the later Ford bodies did not have the
"dip" in the fender and were cut straight across. I have examples of both
styles of fenders here.

--Jim

Jim Gilmore 2565 Wiethoff, Inkster, MI 48141
1-313-561-8826 <voice> * 1-313-730-1652 <fax>