Re: [MV] Needed Scout car parts

From: Robert Barber (rbarber41@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Oct 06 2000 - 07:02:22 PDT

TJ

  Just as food for thought.. I've been involved in both
the vehicle and warbird restoration forms of insanity...

Just as an idea.. use aluminum in place of the steel for
the armor pannels.. We do that with the aircraft and the
weight savings can be substantial. They come in the same
thickness. Aircraft quality stuff is very dent resistant,
Plus the alm is much easier to machine to the desired shape..

True its not the original, but it is metal, looks the same
(especially painted) and lightens up the vehicle. Ya I know
that thats more advantageous for an aircraft but think about
the less strain on tires and reduction of sinking in on soft
ground. Like I said .. food for thought..

                              Regards

                                  Bob B