Tips for Selling

From: Julian Burke (julianb@esper.com)
Date: Mon Oct 09 2000 - 19:00:37 PDT

Hello list, I just wanted to comment on this subject and I'm sure we have
all experienced this in one fashion or another. It would be wonderful if
every person was straight up, honest and with nothing to hide or deceive but
unfortunately all of the human race doesn't work this way; Fortunately it is
a very small percentage! We can only learn from experience and try to never
cross the same bridge again. To the point, it's sometimes difficult to sell
an item and we look for as many lookers as we can until the item sells. Why
is it that sometimes you have to go through hell trying to get an answer and
have to beg the seller to sell it to you?!! Case in point: the individual
who says he has 6000 spark plugs he wants to move. Upon my inquiry to the
net to see if anyone was sucessful in finding out more about this deal, 6
people emailed me with the same response I got: NONE. I thought it would
be nice to have 200 in my stock but that looks dismal at this point. Turns
out they may not be correct M151 plugs at all. I would certainly think if
he had that much product to move, he would be more prudent in following
every lead! Two of the people said info they received was "suspicious". (I
myself emailed him three times, only one response and content of it was the
same that he posted earlier and NO prices after I specifically asked) I
don't know anything about this person but just wanted to make a point. I
was rather recently shafted severely by a surplus store in Concordia, Mo.
that sold me a quanity of BAD paint. I never could get him to return my
phone calls. I confronted him at the KC convention and all he could say was
"sounds to me like you got a bad deal"!! He refused to make good on it.
Well! More on this later. No need to email me with flames because this is
my personal opinion. I would go to any length to help a "brother" in the MV
hobby and I would give it away to him BEFORE I would steal a penny from him
or anyone.

Well, to end on a better feeling, I happened on a URL address for an
interesting company who sells special plastic bottles of all sizes and looks
like a few products that would interest most of us and wanted to pass it
along: https://www.sks-bottle.com/340c/MonthSpecial.html

Your MV nut, Julian Burke