Form 97

From: Julian Burke (julianb@esper.com)
Date: Mon Oct 09 2000 - 20:27:19 PDT

Well list, let me get back on my soapbox again. In previous postings, I
have flamed the state of New Jersey. It is a police state and all of the
state troopers and police think they are a God given Rambo. The DMV is also
unforgiving. If it isn't filled out correctly, they DON'T care and will not
offer any help except the front door. If you read the top of the '97, it
states SPECIFICALLY: "CERTIFICATE TO OBTAIN TITLE TO A MOTOR VEHICLE".
It also states that all spaces must be filled in. I would naturally assume
this means correctly and typing in "UNK" would not qualify. If it is a
trailer, what would it hurt to guess? It is up to the DRMO chief to see
that it is filled in correctly and it is a legal OBLIGATION for them to fill
it out correctly. If they legally sold it, then it is up to them to give
good title to it. This is standard procedure and a snotty DRMO agent
doesn't cut it and snotty DRMO agents can be put into their place too! A 97
is a Federal legal document with your name on it and if obtained legally, it
is your specific right to have it filled out correctly. What is the point
or good of it if it cannot be used for its' intended purpose? A regular
lawyer should get them straightened out but I would call Battle Creek, Mi.
and the DRMO chief there will or should get it corrected or solved. I want
to know the outcome of this scenario. Standing up for what few rights we do
have, Julian Burke