Re: Form 97....reality check...

From: Cougarjack@aol.com
Date: Tue Oct 10 2000 - 01:23:13 PDT

Jim & listers:
This may be yet another law we need passed....it may make more sense to pressure or approach people in the various state governments where this problem exists, to get some sort of understanding that mil vees are NOT necessarily issued by model year, but by contract. Surely the model year is not such vital information that a valuable truck should be transformed into a lawn planter? I would guess the VIN is much more important. As long as the vehicle has a unique identifier, who cares what year it was made? Since the whole DMV system is just a huge ruse to tax us anyway, and not based on any rational thought path that I can see, we need to educate the state DMV folks (oh gawd!) to make exceptions when it comes to surplused trucks and the formalities of civilian identification. After all, what earthly "right" or interest does the government have anyway when it comes to our vehicles? I think it can be established that it is WE who have the rights, and the government has the burd!
en. Sounds like we need to get o
ur various organizations involved yet again! If Sam sells these things in good faith, intending them to be further used, and we buy them in similar good faith, then in whose interest is it to place red tape in the path of good sense? Can you say misfeasance and nonfeasance?
Wonder what the DRMO would do if its director were to be summoned to state small claims court on a default of contract? If some sleazy car dealer tried the same crap, we all know what the outcome would be. If the DMV wants to force us to play the game, then I say let's play it! LOL! get the state to treat the DRMO just like a vehicle dealer!
Most small claims courts would just about cover the value of an M35. The nice thing about small claims court is that once you are summoned, you MUST appear. That would not be looked upon well by superiors! (even if it didn't work) It would be well worth the $14 filing fee to find out! You just need to be creative and resourceful in deciding WHO to summon! A fellow employee once did this after battling for months on a payroll shortage that was bound up in silly red tape, and it got MAJOR attention from the corporate headquarters when the company treasurer was summoned to court. It made a major corporation and its officials look like a bunch of forth rate thieves! He was paid the day after the summons was served. If I had been that company treasurer, I would have taken STEPS to make sure that never happened again.
wassamatter, Julian, you don't like our NJ State Police and motor vehicle laws? There's nothing wrong with new Jersey and its police state situation that ten thousand more donut shops wouldn't fix!
Beware, before you feel safe from similar laws..... the Romans used to say "Sum Quod Eris". And that don't mean good night!
Jack, latter day minuteman... ROFL!

snippage...
take some phone calls to TACOM in Warren, Mi. to see if they can sort this
out using the contract data. I have purchased several vehicles from my
local DRMO and have found them willing to work with me to get a year on the
form..... snippage