SF

From: Rick Welker (rickw_17030@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Oct 10 2000 - 00:56:50 PDT

For what it's worth: When I bought my M35A2 last year,
I too got a SF 97 with the year labled "unknown". I
took all my pictures and proceeded to the DMV in
Harrisburg. When the lady at the counter asked: "What
year is it?" I replied "as far as I can tell it's a
1965". She replied: "Well, then that's what we'll make
it as most of the time you can't tell with Army
trucks" and she added: "that's really nice that
someone takes an interest in military antiques; it
should really turn some heads when it's restored". 15
minutes later I walked out with my antique plate and
registration card. Two weeks later my title showed up
in the mail: 1965 Kaiser M35A2. I have not allways
had this type of luck or reception at my home state
DMV. It just depends upon the person at the counter. I
have been known to leave frustrated only to return
later to a different person and then have no problem
providing the same paperwork. Maybe a solution to
some of you would be to initially title the truck in a
neighboring state if your home state is uncooperative.
Sometimes trying to prove a point and change something
is just not worth it, and it's easier just to jump
through another "set of hoops".

=====
The difference between men and boys is the size of their toys.