Re: [MV] The SF 97, and another Easier problem.

From: Jim Gilmore (jgilmore@oeonline.com)
Date: Tue Oct 10 2000 - 20:53:28 PDT

Rikk wrote:
>OK, here's the problem,
>
>had a little help getting the deuce going, the kill was jammed.
>When we got it started it over-reved.
>
>1. to start it I filled the final filters with 91 octane "MoGas".
>2. I can't find any trouble with the throttle linkage.

     Umm.........Am I missing something here? This is a M-35A2
right? Why would you put GASOLINE in the filters???? This truck uses
DIESEL FUEL !! I am guessing that you do not have a manual for this
truck and this is your first military vehicle. Buy a TM for this truck
before you do damage to it or to yourself. Contact Portrayal Press right
away and get the -10 and -20 for this truck, then read it over several
times. THEN start to work on it.

    Yes, yes, they are supposed to be "Multifuel" but that is only in a
pinch. They were designed to run on diesel fuel and that is what you should
use. The latest ones were to only use diesel.
                   Jim

James T. Gilmore
2565 Wiethoff, Inkster Michigan 48141
313-5618826 (Voice)