Re: [MV] The SF 97, and another Easier problem.

From: mblair1@home.net
Date: Tue Oct 10 2000 - 22:56:15 PDT

"Rikk Rogers" <rkltd@fullnet.net> wrote:
> When we got it started it over-reved.
>
> 1. to start it I filled the final filters with 91 octane "MoGas".

A lot of the multifuel deuces have had their fuel compensators
bypassed, and are thus diesel-only trucks. There is supposed to be a
sticker somewhere that says "diesel fuel only", but it's not always
there. My truck has its fuel compensator bypassed, and does not have
any such stickers.

I don't know if it's causing your problem, but I recommend that you
only use diesel fuel in it until you verify that the fuel compensator
is not bypassed. And then if you do verify that, STILL only use
diesel... it's what the truck prefers to run, and alternate fuel
capability is really only intended for use in emergency situations
when nothing else is available and people are shooting at you.

My two cents...

--
PGP 2.6.2 public key available from http://pgp.ai.mit.edu/
Web page: http://www.qsl.net/ke6myk/