Re: [MV] Vehicle storage and gasoline

From: Brandon Kunicki (c322348@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Oct 11 2000 - 10:46:03 PDT

My opinion follows:

Always fill the tank as full as you can get it! Air in
the tank allows for moisture condensation as the air
heats and cools. No air = no condensation.

I would suggest topping off the tank and leaving it at
that. I don't think that the fuel would go bad over a
single winter sealed up in a full tank.

I would change the oil to remove any acids built up,
then drive it 20 miles or so to get the engine up to
good operating temperature and burn off any moisture,
then drive it into the garage and jack it up.

I would disconnect the battery ground and charge it
weekly (preferable) or bi-weekly. If the garage gets
below freezing for long periods, I would store the
battery someplace warmer.

Brandon