Re: [MV] Andy's CUCV Site

From: Emmett Thompson (kt4al@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sat Oct 14 2000 - 02:37:27 PDT

I think we all need to remember that most of the OD types that are on this
list are in fact "OD" types. In other words, it's a hobby and we have REAL
jobs that pay for the hobby. Believe me when I say that not unlike 99% of
the list'ees reading this I would not be in this hobby if it were not for my
job and a tolerant family. We still go on vacation (holiday for you European
types), work over time, do family things, etc.

I have told people in the past that I would get them info or sell at a
reasonable price such and such item and just as I'm ready to get it packed
or research the manual the COMPANY, Yep the one that pays the bills, calls
and says "you gotta go we need you bad". So on the back burner goes the
hobby.

Patience is in fact a virtue in hobbies. Epically when necessities come up.
So give the guys on the list a break, don't assume that they are ignoring
you, I think you would be surprised that they will bend over backwards to
help.

Nuff Said
Emmett