Re: [MV] more on Movie vehicles

From: Demonware Restorations (INDYN@xtra.co.nz)
Date: Sat Oct 14 2000 - 04:26:35 PDT

> Remember the Rolls Royce armoured car in that British cinematographic
> masterpiece "Lawrence of Arabia"? It is in fact a very clever mock up, it
> now languishes in a barn about 5 miles from my house, owned by a Rolls
Royce
> collector.
> NIGE

Nigel,

The vehicles we were supposed to build for the Airshow in New Zealand,
Easter next year was to include the above mentioned vehicle. As you may be
aware, after the war many of the cars were turned into the more classy
Silver Shadows etc and very few remain. As I am still supposed to be
replicating on of these, is it possible to contact the owner so I may obtain
pictures, schematics and size details etc.

Your help would be greatly appreciated by both myself and the Classic
Fighters Marlborough Airshow Committee.

Regards

Adam North
RNZAF Police Ret.
Demonware Restorations
1919 Indian Power Plus (could be military scheme, but undecided)
1941 M741B Indian
1942 M741B Indian
88' Landrover NZSTG
Type 82 Kubelwagon