Re: [MV] The over-rev....

From: DDoyle9570@aol.com
Date: Sat Oct 14 2000 - 04:49:30 PDT

While at this, I would do one more thing.....

In the center of the top of the hydraulic head (looks kind of like a
distributor cap, only with steel injection lines instead of plug wires) there
is a plug.

Remove this plug and shoot large quantities of penetrating oil in. The fuel
plunger is in this hole. The "t-shaped" part of the fuel control assembly
engages a groove on the bottom of the plunger. It is more likely this
plunger is sticking than the fuel control unit itself. I have in the past
had to put a wooden dowel on the top of this plunger and then tap the dowel
with a hammer to free the fuel plunger.

Hope this helps,
David Doyle