1 out of 4 ain't good

From: Timothy Smith (timothy.smith1@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sun Oct 15 2000 - 21:46:02 PDT

Hi list,
I've been sitting around the last two weeks waiting for all my little ducks
to finally get in a row so I can continue with the Scout Car. Things have
been rather hectic and I admit I dropped the ball on keeping things lined
up. The changing weather did not help but as a result I have begun to
consider how things need to be arranged around here for the "off season" to
continue progressing on the Scout with some protection from the elements.

Now, my first Scout (the Greek one) came to me with the split-ring Budd rims
with six hand-holes in the central disk, but they are not proper for the
WWII Scout. My second Scout (the USA Scout I am actively restoring) came to
me with 4 (you guessed it!) different kinds of wheels. This of course has
had the effect of compelling me to track down and endure the expense of
acquiring three more wheels to make a complete set.

It has the 20" Budd split ring wheel with 8 hand-holes (the earliest of the
bunch) and it has the 20" combat rim with a solid central disc and it has
the 20" combat rim with hand-holes. The fourth wheel is the modern six
hand-hole Budd rim as on the Greek Scout.

Anyone out there within a reasonable distance from San Antonio have one, two
or even three serviceable 20" combat rims they want to part with?

Regards,
TJ