Yes, this is my final answer

From: Enterprise B&B/Cayman Islands, BWI (Enterprise@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Oct 16 2000 - 07:33:35 PDT

Dear Listers;

The opinions totaled 100% for me to do my own paint job on my M37. I'm not
going to be entering any competitions and so I don't need to spend around
$1000 for a "factory" paint job (and I'm told those which came out of the
factory weren't that good). I got a lot of good suggestions which are
appreciated. I'm going to sort of split the difference using both a spray
gun and a few cans of spray paint. I can's see a novice like me trying to
do the interior w/the spray gun. Masking will be a priority as will the
prep. of sanding. For the sanding, I will get one of the day workers from
the corner (remember, I live in So. California) and watch him like a hawk.
6-8 hours on non-stop sanding should take care of giving me a decent base,
albeit not perfect.

I'm thinking of going with AERVOE paint (page #17 of current MV magazine)
WWII OD which is a flat rather than a semi-gloss (#987/34087). I first
thought about going to Home Depot and just getting a gallon mixed to a
custom shade but even I know there is a difference between automotive paint
and "regular" exterior flat. I'll rent (or maybe buy depending on the
price) a decent sprayer and make sure as almost everyone suggested, I have
a good resperator. Since I do some sandblasting, I should have this anyway.

Oh yes, and on the project of changing the spare tire carrier back to the
driver's door.... got it on w/no problem. That's one in a row for me.

Will keep you posted and as usual, "thanks" for the help.

David

            GET YOUR CUSTOM MADE LICENSE PLATES
                  FROM US FOR ONLY $28.20
                 DELIVERED IN THE U.S. BY