Re: [MV] Yes, this is my final answer

From: chance wolf (timberwolf@lynx.bc.ca)
Date: Mon Oct 16 2000 - 09:11:40 PDT

At 11:16 AM 10/16/00 EDT, DDoyle9570@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 10/16/00 9:45:36 AM Central Daylight Time,
>Enterprise@earthlink.net writes:
>
><< I'm thinking of going with AERVOE paint (page #17 of current MV magazine)
> WWII OD which is a flat rather than a semi-gloss (#987/34087). >>
>
>Unless you plan to park your truck indoors from now on, or plan to repaint
or
>sell it in the next year I definately would NOT use Aervoe paint. Their
>forest green turns pink, then kind of brown after about a year, and the SG
OD
>turns kind of grey in the same period of time. Just repainted a M135 from
>Aervoe to Gillespie before reassembling it to prevent the same problem.
>Rapco now has a color (don't remember the number) that is between the WWII
>and 24087.

...to which I'll have to add from my previous post that while I've seen
Gillespie
24087 vehicles stand up quite well outside, I've yet to have anything painted
Aervoe 997A sit outside long enough to offer an opinion on what's been
expressed above. If others find similar, I'd appreciate hearing about it.
I was planning on Aervoe 997A for my own M37.

Andy Hill
MVPA 9211
Vancouver, B.C.