Re: [MV] A windshield frame....

From: Emmett Thompson (kt4al@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Mon Oct 16 2000 - 21:20:18 PDT

Hold on to your shorts!
The windshield frames are quite expensive. Almost every M-35 I have ever
seen that came from DRMO needed new windshield frames.
Not a good design to prevent corrosion. Water / dirt settles into the lower
part of the frame, swells, then if relly bad breaks the glass. I suggest you
look very carefully at the remaining windshield frame closely at the bottom.
If you find corrosion you need to disassemble the whole thing and fix the
problem. I do have a few upper frame pieces( half hinge with the wiper motor
holes) and you can have one if you want it. I was lucky to get two NOS
windshield assemblys and will hang on to them forever. Good luck finding
the lower section.
Of corse I live in the south east US where we get alot of rain and have
never purchsed an M-35 from out west so I dont know if the corrosion problem
is a big thing over there or not.

Regards
Emmett