easy dash board masking technique

From: David (davejodi@epix.net)
Date: Mon Oct 16 2000 - 09:26:56 PDT

With all of the paint tips being tossed out, here's one that I have used
with good success. Any thing that needs to be masked off, such as glass
and data plates, can be coated with a thin layer of grease (actually I
used Crisco once!) then lay a piece of paper over the grease for
insurance. After the paint is dry, wipe off the grease. You can get
the grease all the way into the corners of instrument lenses pretty
easily. It's quick and produces a pretty good masking job. Your
experience may vary, and you get better the more you do it.

Dave in PA (still have green shoes from the last vehicle I painted)