Re: [MV] (no subject)

From: chance wolf (timberwolf@lynx.bc.ca)
Date: Tue Oct 17 2000 - 00:23:17 PDT

At 11:03 PM 10/16/00 EDT, FARMNTOWN@aol.com wrote:
> I have a '62 M-37 and a couple of questions. Beside the drivers seat
just
>off the floor there is a hole about an inch in diameter with a fitting on
the
>inside of the cab and the inside of the bed, it looks original but I have no
>idea what it would be. Also, there is a hard top on the truck. How do I
tell
>if it is original.

The hole, in the Canadian trucks at any rate, originally sported a Bendix
3-conductor 24V power connector which was itself mounted facing
box-side out (i.e., if you're in the cargo area, you could plug something
in.) They're invariably removed by the legions of farmers, bikers, Forestry
departments and whoever else might've owned the truck before you did, and
I think that out of all the M37's I've ever seen, probably a good two still
had the thing intact. Usually the rubber bits are rudely ripped out,
leaving,
if I recall, a ring sorta deal with three or four phillips ('star') screws
holding
it in place.

Andy Hill
MVPA 9211