Re: [MV] HELP GAS IN THE OIL PAN What the dickens???

From: MVTrucker@aol.com
Date: Tue Oct 17 2000 - 02:10:33 PDT

>The fuel in the oil would vaporize in the cylinders and
>cause the thing to seem to run rich.
>Oil thinned that far would also bypass the rings.
Rikk,
in some cases. This did not happen when I had the problem.
I have a 1965 Ford Econoline van with a six cylinder engine
that we were using as an oil burner service truck at the time.
When I checked the oil and found it to be over a quart high,
I figured one of my employees added too much oil, so I had
a quart drained out. When I checked it later on and found
it too full again, I new there was a problem. I figured it had
to be the fuel pump and when I took it off I discovered the
ruptured diaphragm. Put a new pump on and that was it.
Thanks for the added input.
Joe Young