Re: [MV] M35A2's: turbo or not turbo?

From: Buzzard (buzz@toast.net)
Date: Tue Oct 17 2000 - 04:00:55 PDT

HP numbers don't give the whole story.

Air takes time to move. Lots of air takes more time to move.
While the HP / Torque curves for both motors return the same numbers the
torque curve for the turbo rises faster, especially between 1200 and 1800
RPM.

The reason the turbo's reduce smoke is because they cram in more air and
promote more complete combustion. This results in the faster rise in power.

HP numbers are steady state at peak RPM and don't tell the whole story.

A turbo will out pull a non turbo (all else being equal) but they will be
both be equal once they get up to speed.

-=-