Re: [MV] WWII barracks at Fort Leonard Wood.

From: Shane G Deemer (sdeemer@austin.rr.com)
Date: Wed Oct 18 2000 - 18:14:17 PDT

I was at Ft. Chaffee this summer, and it still had a significant number or
wooden buildings. The newest building on post was an aluminum shed fire
station. Even the wooden hospital was there. There were also many lots
where wooden buildings used to stand.

MV Content - Ft. Chaffee is now populated by National Guard and Army
Reserve units; Ft. Sill sends its MLRS units there to train as well.

Normally the railhead is filled with railcars with reserve units; you can
still see M5X and M8XX series trucks, as well as numerous CUCVs.