Re: [MV] Darwin award

From: Cougarjack@aol.com
Date: Thu Oct 19 2000 - 12:00:57 PDT

Tim & List,
The Darwin Awards are funny, but consistently untrue. Some clever mind
gathered popular urban myths and other convincing stories and embellished
them to entertain. To bolster that fact, I humbly offer the following,
which is the true origin of that story:
http://www.geocities.com/Baja/Canyon/7665/ROCKIT.HTML

The story may not support the veracity of the ever popular Darwin Awards, but
it IS a very funny and entertaining story about an old man, his surplus
junkyard, and a mischieveous kid. BTW, if you also decide to call the Arizona
Highway Patrol, be prepared for a VERY RUDE answer. LOL! FWIW, a real jato
bottle like the one mentioned produces more than 8,000 horsepower-equivalent
at full impulse. It would be intereting to find an old chevy...well,
nevermind! Wouldn't that be the final answer to the "how can I get my M37 to
go faster and still be all military?" question!
Now, there was that story about the guy buying the shipping container at
auction and finding it FULL of brand new WWII jeeps when he opened it at
home......

Cheers!
Jack

<< Hi list,
Would like to share a Military - Vehicle story with you, taken from the
pages of www.darwinaward.com . I suggest you visit the site..... It's
hilarious....and sad. By the way, after you read the article, DO NOT TRY
THIS AT HOME.

The Arizona Highway Patrol were mystified when they came upon a pile of
smoldering wreckage embedded in the side of a cliff.... snip snip long story
about a surplus rocket adventure.....