Re: [MV] Bad Petrol

From: Geoff Winnington-Ball (gwball@sympatico.ca)
Date: Fri Oct 20 2000 - 14:35:21 PDT

Richard Notton wrote:

> Oh well, pass me another Yank, king-size, straight-thru, no namby-pamby
> spoil-sport muffler, Pall Mall, I love 'em.

Translated into North American English, this is a plaintive request from our
esteemed British colleague to establish a source of unfiltered king-size
American cigarettes, upon which he is dependent for his good humour and
continuing intellectual participation in fora such as ours.

Can anyone assist? To do so would be to win his everlasting gratitude, as well
as lift the burden of social responsibility from our sagging shoulders...

:-)

--
Regards,

Geoff Winnington-Ball MAPLE LEAF UP! ==> Zephyr, Ontario, Canada ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Translations, The Queen's English --> North American Patois