Re: darwin awards

From: EdLortz@aol.com
Date: Sat Oct 21 2000 - 11:57:25 PDT

Got a chuckle out of the darwin bit. I remember seeing a photo in a magazine,
I believe back in the 60's, of an old car going off the catapult of an Essex
class carrier. The ship was on a repositioning transit, moving families to a
new home port, and all the personal cars were loaded on the flight deck. The
crew pitched in, bought the car, and sent it off the catapult. Made a record
for 0 to 60, and someone in a chopper took a photo of it going off the edge.