[MV] bounce, warnings and list traffic/rain!

From: Raimondo L. Torelli (thealamo@iigbna.iigb.na.cnr.it)
Date: Mon Oct 23 2000 - 07:17:53 PDT

At 08.27 23/10/00 -0700, TJ wrote:
>Hi list,
>My email is through AT&T worldnet and like you, I've received about a dozen
>daily messages, give or take.
>I have received no warning or bounce messages. May be just a busy week for
>most of us.
>
>Well, here in Texas it's feast or famine.......from drought to
>flood.......rained like a big dog last coupla days....streets and schools
>closed this morning due to flooding and I'd bet the river is cresting since
>they won't let anyone use the bridges.....nobody allowed out until 10AM.....
>In other words, it's plain lousy restoration weather, though I could be in
the garage tearing down the dashboard I guess..... >Nah....guess I'll just

>Regards,
>TJ

Oct 23 2000

TJ
Here, on the other side of the Big Pond mail is coming all days: 21, 22 and
23. I have sent a few postings and I have received them back as usual...

Please, don't speak of rain... as, here, the North of Italy is completely
flooded, mud and water everywhere. All rivers are out of their beds...
millions and millions of liras of damages, houses and shops destroyed...
many deads too...
The bridges on the rivers have been destroyed or closed to the traffic.
One r.r. bridge has been raised 4 or 5 feets to avoid being damaged by the
water raising (more than 20 feets in some areas...). Now, the sun shines
after ten days of rain.
I live in the center-south of Italy, but I have watched the damages at the
TV News.
I have been to San Antonio in june-july 1996 and 1997 and it rained... In
1997 we left San Antonio while it was raining and the TV News showed flood
around the town, the taxi had to go a long way around to get us at the
airport, due to water flood...

Well, I dream to come again to San Antonio and meet Jim Rice and you
sometime in the future... when I have enough money for the air ticket!

Regards and
Keep Them Rolling!

Raimondo - MVPA 15878 & IMPS 2320