MUTT-1984 Contracts

From: Anith@wfp.org
Date: Tue Oct 24 2000 - 03:14:38 PDT

Dear List,

Thanks Ken and Eugene, for the input on the subject 'MUTT 1984 or 1985?'

On 15 October 2000 Ken wrote:

"AM General did, indeed, produce MUTTs in 1984, and although I don't have
details of the FMS (Foreign Military Sales) contracts, I can state
categorically that a contract was agreed between US Army Tank-Automotive
Command (TACOM) and AMG. The contract was DAAE07-84-C-J076 and was for 10
M718A1 Front-Line Ambulances and 81
M151A2s......"

My 1984 MUTT was exported to Sudan. Its contract number ALSO is:
DAAE07-84-C-J076
And the Vehicle Serial # is: E-151-00020

Can the numbers for both a Foreibn Military Sales contract and the US TACOM
contract be the SAME? Or was my MUTT perhaps exported to Sudanese Army from
the undelivered portion of the 81 MUTTs contracted for US TACOM?

I would be highly thankful for any info that you or any of the other
listers could provide. (Julian, are you there?)

Thanks in advance.

Anith

(Khartoum, Sudan)