M151 vs. HMMWV (was "curiously attracted to you")

From: David (davejodi@epix.net)
Date: Tue Oct 24 2000 - 10:07:08 PDT

Has anybody but me ever noticed the similarities between the MUTT and
HMMWV ? I didn't really notice until I saw them parked next to each
other at an air show. Basic body shape, but the HMMWV is of course
bigger. I wonder if that was a deciding factor in the contract. Does
anybody know if the FMTV program is back on track and how that will
affect the release of surplus vehicles from the DoD?

On a brighter note, the wife said the MUTTs looked "neat" at the Bally
show this past weekend! Maybe she's finally coming around!

Dave in PA